Job no: 494568AA
Work type: Fixed Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
Categories: Para Professional
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is looking for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join our Cape Preston operations. This is a 12 months fixed-term contract, FIFO from Perth on a 2/1 night/day shift roster.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, this role is responsible for preparing and processing samples as well as analysis to meet the requirements of daily production. You will be required to generate accurate and precise analytical results to support different areas such as Geology, Mining, Concentrator and the Port.
Your daily tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Sample preparation – sorting, weighing, splitting, filtration, drying, crushing, milling, pulverizing and screening
- Manual or Auto fusion of samples for XRF analysis
- Operation and maintenance of the XRF machine.
- Metallurgical tests including magnetic separation, filtration and sizing
- General housekeeping and upkeep of work areas and equipment
- Full compliance to OHS&E requirements
- Meeting the internal QA/QC standards
- 3 to 5 years' proven experience in commercial / mining laboratories performing similar roles is essential
- Proven experience with metallurgical tests and XRF operation
- Robot and Autofusion experience will be highly regarded
- Completion of year 12 studies is essential and tertiary qualifications are desirable.
- LIMS competency is highly regarded
- Ability to work well within a team and mine site environment
- The ability to work independently and follow the team procedures
To enable us to process your application, please write a covering letter to address the selection criteria above, and apply online. Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate Line Manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position. Direct applications are welcome.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend