Health & Safety Advisor
Job no: 494906JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia. An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline. With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor. This role offers exposure to a world class mining project in a positive team with a great dynamics and relationships. This role is a permanent position on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent – Health and Safety, and a functional report to operations this role is to provide advice, assistance, guidance and support to line management on all Safety and Health issues relevant to the Sino Iron Project.
On a daily basis, your core responsibilities and tasks include (but not limited to)
- Work with H&S and line management to design the most effective and practical health and safety standards.
- Oversee and implement the effective embedment of the H&S management system.
- Development and implementation of effective and practical health and safety standards aligned to organisation objectives
- Effective championing of health and safety in an operating environment
- Provide guidance and advice to site teams
- Continuous improvement of approach to health and safety
- Well managed investigations with outcomes executed
- Undertake and provide reports on audits and inspections
- Support risk management programs
- Coach and mentor Safety and Health Representatives and Supervision to improve health and safety outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of the WA MSIA & MSIR and associated codes of practice, guidance notes and Australian Standards
- Practical knowledge of WA OSHA and OSHR.
- Knowledge of Mining and Resource practices, relevant Processing Plants and Port Operations
- Facilitate and/or conduct incident investigations utilising ICAM, or demonstrate expertise with similar systems
- Facilitate team based risk assessments
- Strong organisational, report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Minimum 3 -5 years experience in the mining or resources industry
- Previous experience and practical implementation of H&S management systems
- Skilled in Microsoft programs
- Diploma in Work Health & Safety
- Recognised qualifications in Training
- Current Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate Line Manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Direct applications are welcome to apply.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend