Superintendent - Health & Safety
Job no: 494929JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia. An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline. With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a suitably experienced Health & Safety Superintendent. This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of the huge Sino Iron Project and join an established Health and Safety team. The role will be on a FIFO basis from Perth on a 9/5 roster.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the General Manager - Health & Safety, the suitable candidate will be required to lead a team of Health & Safety Advisors whilst supporting other key department leaders to drive safety performance improvement.
We are seeking applications from individuals with relevant experience (5-10 years minimum) from the resource industry with the following:
- Previous supervisory experience in Health & Safety
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety
- Front line management qualifications (Nationally recognised)
- Working knowledge of the WA MSIA, MSIR and OHS Act and Regulations, as well as current emergency response practices
- Experience in incident investigations, audits and report writing
- Experience in the management of Health & Safety systems within Australia
- A working understanding of environmental and occupational hygiene practices
- Provide direct supervision, guidance and mentoring to Health & Safety advisors including setting KPIs and performance management
- Actively maintain knowledge of and compliance with policies, procedures and safe work practices as appropriate to operational activities
- Maintain, review and report safety performance statistics identifying trends and implementing corrective actions
- Coordinate the health and safety audit program
- Review and report the status of incident investigations and corrective actions to ensure timely close out
- Take a visible leadership role in the implementation of Health & Safety in the workplace; also be able to maintain and build effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Sound understanding of legislation, codes of practice and industry and relevant standards
Personally, you will have strong leadership and coordination skills, highly advanced communication skills (oral & written), a good level of computer literacy and have the ability to operate in both a team environment and independently with a flexible and proactive work ethic.
- A current Manual WA Drivers licence is essential for this position
- A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
- Indigenous applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Direct applications are welcome to apply.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend