Heavy Vehicle Electrician
Job no: 495024CA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Heavy Vehicle Electrician to join our Cape Preston operations. This role is offered as a permanent full time role, FIFO from Perth on a 2/1 continuous roster.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, this role will complete a range of maintenance tasks associated with all areas of high voltage electrical work on our heavy mobile equipment.
On a daily basis, your core responsibilities and tasks include (but not limited to):
- The maintenance and repair of plant equipment and related equipment components;
- Conducting inspections, adjustments, servicing and repairs utilising advanced trade skills, relevant tools and testing equipment within an acceptable timeframe;
- Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with high voltage electrical, low voltage electrical and fabrication associated areas on mobile equipment;
- Complete paper work such as timesheets and work order documentation;
- Source parts as required through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedures;
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of machinery/equipment non-conformance, identify and record any machinery/equipment quality problems.
- At least 5 years proven experience in an Electrician role within the mining industry;
- Current manual WA drivers licence;
- WA Electrical Worker’s Licence;
- Extensive HV electric drive system experience;
- Technical and diagnostic software proficiency;
- Senior first aid certificate.
- EWP, forklift or HR licence;
- Confined space and safe working at heights tickets;
- Affiliated trade qualifications conducted by recognised training providers.
- A current WA Manual Drivers Licence is essential.
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Direct applications are welcome to apply.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend