Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 496078AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia. An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes a large open cut mine, the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline. With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join the Mine Technical Services team on site at Cape Preston. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team as a senior professional and get involved in one of the largest open pit mining operations in Australia. This is a full-time role, on a 9/5 roster (day shift only) FIFO from Perth.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent – Mine Engineering, you will be involved in production engineering, short term planning functions, providing service and support to the mine operations and leadership team to achieve the CPM business objectives and annual business plan.
You will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operation. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- You will have expertise in production engineering, fleet management systems and short term planning.
- The ability to use data to assess and advise on operating strategies and tactics to achieve the most efficient and cost effective operating methods
- Effective communicator and motivator of change, championing the implementation of improvement initiatives within the mine to a stage of sustainable performance.
- Solid knowledge of Vulcan software, and Minestar FMS
- A team player with strong leadership skills,
- An understanding of Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Current WA "C" class drivers licence;
- Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate (desirable).
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position. Direct applications are welcome to apply.
A copy of all current qualifications, licences, tickets and certificates must be provided on request.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the "apply" button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend