Job no: 496109AA
Work type: Fixed Term Fulltime, Fixed Term Fulltime 24 months
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia. An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline. With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
We seek an experienced Inventory Officer to join the Commercial Department based in our Perth office to create and maintain inventory master data and perform associated duties. This role will work with a small team and have a strong customer focus to achieve optimum inventory levels whilst maintaining a balance between stock availability and inventory holding costs.
The Purpose of the Role
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
Cataloguing and maintenance of Master Data;
- Analysing, establishing, monitoring and optimising CPM’s inventory to ensure stocked items are available where and when they are required
- Establishing and ensuring that inventory Service Levels, underpinned by availability and lead time, are matched with CPM’s appetite for risk and investment in inventory.
- Producing and distributing cataloguing, master data maintenance and optimisation intelligence and reporting; and
- Supporting and assisting with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
Ideally you will have the following:-
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in an MRO environment or Resources Industry
- Sound knowledge and understanding of:
- Inventory optimisation and MRO analytics
- Inventory management systems and processes
- Materials Master Data maintenance;
- SAP Materials Management and integrated modules; and
- Procurement and warehouse practices and systems of work.
- A solid understanding of Supply Chain Concepts
- Occasional travel to Cape Preston is a requirement of the role
To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'Apply' button below. Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position. Direct applications are welcome.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend