Job no: 496631SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently recruiting for experienced Mechanical Fitters to join our HME (Heavy Mobile Equipment) maintenance team and the roles will be on a FIFO 2/1 roster (continuous shift) from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Workshop, this role is responsible for:
- Services, repairs and general maintenance tasks on a range of mobile plant equipment including diesel electric haul trucks, wheel loaders, graders, track dozers, drills and shovels
- Workshop and Field services whilst liaising with equipment operators on potential problems and technical errors.
- Conduct inspections and adjustments
- Complete all tasks in an efficient and safe manner
You will be a hardworking, enthusiastic and experienced Heavy Duty Fitter with several years of relevant experience coupled with a can do, team player attitude.
- Mechanical Trade Qualification
- High Risk Work Licence
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
Indigenous applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and mentoring / training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible, simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
- Please note - it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend