About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Process Engineer to support our Desalination team on site. This is a permanent role on the 2/1 roster (days only), FIFO from Perth.
The desalination plant is located at the Cape Preston site, along the picturesque northwest Pilbara coast. The plant is designed to make process water from seawater for use at the processing plant and port areas. At a rated capacity of 140,000m³/day with a sophisticated high pressure energy recovery system, the desalination plant is one of the biggest in Australia.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Engineering & Maintenance, you will be part of the team providing technical, mechanical and process solutions for the safe and productive operation of the seawater desalination plant and associated facilities.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Carrying out regular vibration analysis, condition monitoring and data analysis on major plant equipment
- Performing asset management function in supporting best practice in Preventative (PM) and Condition-based Maintenance (CBM) programmes
- Monitoring and assessing corrosion rates on plant equipment, building and infrastructure and conduct improvement, repair or replacement programmes when required.
To be successful in the role we are seeking applications from candidates who have:
- A Degree in either Mechanical or Chemical engineering and over 5 years industry working experience, in mining or water treatment industry
- Knowledge of hydraulics pipelines, pumping stations, valves and other water infrastructure related equipment
- Material selection and corrosion knowledge/ experience
- Working knowledge about Classified Plants management, vibration analysis and process/ equipment troubleshooting.
- Experience in using SAP, OSIsoft Pl System, VIBXPERT, OMNITREND is desirable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- Eligible to undergo background checks to apply for a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
We’re looking for motivated team players, with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude. You will have excellent troubleshooting skills supported by strong engineering capabilities.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.