About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karatha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by an ultra-class fleet of shovels, haul trucks and drills, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Superintendent – Mine Engineering to lead the Mine Planning team at our Cape Preston Operation. This permanent position is on a 9/5, day shift only roster, FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Manager – Technical Services, the Superintendent – Mine Engineering role is all about leadership. You will provide technical leadership to the Mine Engineering / Planning functions and staff, support the mining team and wider operations, whilst ensuring that safety, production and cost targets are achieved as per the annual Business Plan. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Long, Medium and Short term Planning schedules, forecasts and budgets
- Ensure QA/QC design and compliance are continued in the Drill and Blast Engineering area
- Review Mine Plans and designs
- Lead Mining projects and facilitate solutions to technical and operational issues as required
- Management of the Mine Engineering team with regard to Performance, Recruitment and Succession
- Develop, implement and review technical standards and procedures.
- Manage compliance with safety reporting, policies and procedures as required
- Encourage, participate and assist in implementing continuous improvement in all work-related activities
You will be a tertiary qualified mining professional with greater than 15 years’ relevant experience in a large open pit mining operation, and a demonstrable focus on safety. You will have a solid understanding of efficient and productive planning practices in order to lead your team to deliver against targets.
Personally, you will need superior people and time management skills, a customer services focus and be flexible in your approach to problem solving in a fast paced, and changing environment.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you hold the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in a mining discipline
- Working knowledge of the MSIA and MSIR
- A valid C class manual drivers licence
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.