Job no: 496758JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Environmental Advisor (minimum 3 years) to support us in developing, implementing and advancing the environmental management process and systems that are aligned with our organisational objectives. This is a great opportunity to join a world class mining company on one of the largest and most diverse projects in Australia. The role will be on a 12 month fixed term contract on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Provision of advice and support to CPM & CPPC Operation (including subcontractors) personal to address environmental issues and to facilitate compliance with environmental approvals, obligations and environmental licences and tenement conditions.
- Assist in the design, implementation and operation of environmental monitoring programmes.
- Assist in the implementation of our operational EMS
- Support corporate level liaison with government regulators on permitting, licensing and compliance issues.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management/Science
- Minimum of 3 years management of Environmental projects
- Minimum of 3 years relevant mine site experience
- Good understanding of the State & Federal Environmental legislative framework
- Environmental Auditor qualification (desirable)
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend