Electrician - HV
Job no: 496790MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven High Voltage Electrician to join our HME (Heavy Mobile Equipment) maintenance team and the roles will be on a FIFO 2/1 roster (continuous shift) from Perth. This role will complete a range of maintenance tasks associated with all areas of high voltage electrical work on our heavy mobile equipment.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The maintenance and repair of plant equipment and related equipment components;
- Conducting inspections, adjustments, servicing and repairs utilising advanced trade skills, relevant tools and testing equipment within an acceptable timeframe;
- Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with high voltage electrical, low voltage electrical and fabrication associated areas on mobile equipment;
- Complete paper work such as timesheets and work order documentation;
- Source parts as required through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedures;
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of machinery/equipment non-conformance, identify and record any machinery/equipment quality problems.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- At least 5 years proven experience in a HV Electrician role within the mining industry;
- WA Electrical Worker’s registration / licence;
- Extensive HV electric drive system experience;
- Technical and diagnostic software proficiency;
- Senior first aid certificate;
- Computing Skills (Technical and diagnostic software);
- Work Safe License EWP, LF and safe working at heights (desirable);
- SAP Experience (desirable);
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend