Supervisor - Fabrication
Job no: 496831JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Supervisor – Fabrication for our Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) maintenance department. This is a great opportunity to showcase your skills and lead a team of boilermakers in this fast paced environment. This role offers a 2/1 continuous shift roster, FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent – HME Maintenance, this role is responsible for the Supervision of a team of Boilermakers. You will be required to coordinate servicing and maintenance of heavy mobile equipment as planned and in break down scenarios across the operations to ensure smooth operation on a daily basis.
Provide technical and functional knowledge to the team members where appropriate.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A relevant Trade qualification – Boilermaker or Welder
- Previous Supervisory experience in a similar role – with proven effective people management skills
- Extensive practical knowledge and experience in maintaining earthmoving equipment
- A current WA HR Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend