Leading Hand - Light Equipment
Job no: 496853SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Leading Hand to support our Light Equipment team based at Cape Preston. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 continuous shift roster, FIFO from Perth
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the Mechanics and Supervisors to ensure work is completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Co-ordinating the maintenance of Light Vehicles, Fixed Plant, Gensets, Pumps and Lighting Towers.
- Service and repair Light Equipment Vehicles in accordance with their schedule.
- Complying with Occupational Health and Safety requirements and agreed maintenance plans.
- Assist when required with SAP maintenance package.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- An understanding of Mines Health Safety and Inspection Acts and regulations.
- At least one years’ experience as a Leading Hand on a Mining Project or similar large scale operation.
- Relevant Mechanical Trade qualifications.
- Frontline Manager Certificate 4
- Forkilift, EWP, Working at Heights
- A current WA HR Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend