Job no: 496868MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven maintenance Fitter to support our Port Operations Maintenance team. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 FIFO continuous roster (7nights, 7 days, 7 off).
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Servicing, repair and maintenance of plant equipment (Stackers, Reclaimers, Ship loaders, Conveyors, Water Pumps, Sample Stations and light mobile plant)
- Conducting inspections and adjustments utilising skills and test equipment
- Conducting and controlling the "field" service of fixed Plant equipment
- Provide practical and technical assistance as well as problem solving in trade related areas
- You will also have the ability to supervise contractors, apprentices and trainees as required.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate – Mechanical Trade
- 5 years’ experience in fixed plant mining maintenance or bulk port operations
- A strong commitment to safety and be a ‘team player’
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics with a high skill level in fault finding
- Prior working knowledge of maintenance management systems (SAP) is required
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement (HR licence desirable)
- MSIC card, WAH, High Risk Licence with LF, EWP, DG, RG desirable
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend