Job no: 496888MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven Maintenance Electrician to support our Port Operations team.
This is a permanent role on a 2/1 FIFO continuous roster (7 nights, 7 days, 7 off) FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The servicing, repair and maintenance of plant equipment (Stackers, Barge Loadout, Reclaimers, Shiploaders, Conveyors, Transhipper, Water Pumps, and Sample Stations)
- Conducting inspections and adjustments utilising skills and test equipment
- Conducting and controlling the field service of fixed Plant equipment
- You will also have the ability to supervise apprentices and contractors as required.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- HV Switching PLC and Fixed plant experience
- Australian recognised trade qualification (Electrical)
- WA Unrestricted Electrical Licence
- Marine experience (desirable)
- SAP experience (desirable)
- Working at Heights, Confined Space, Forklift and EWP Tickets (desirable)
- MSIC or Able to obtain essential
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM/ CPPC you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend