Conditioning Monitoring Technician
Job no: 496940MM
Work type: Fixed Term Fulltime, Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Condition Monitoring Technician to support our Processing team. This role is responsible for the technical assessment for the concentrator plant assets. You will use your extensive skills and experience in the fields of vibration analysis, infrared thermography, lubrication and ultrasonic thickness testing to assist the concentrator team in mitigating and planning for equipment maintenance. This role is offered on a 2 year maximum term contract basis, FIFO 9/5 roster from Perth.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Certification in Vibration Analysis (Cert II or above)
- 5 Years demonstrated experience in a condition monitoring role in mineral processing or heavy industrial environment
- Formal certification desirable / experience training in IR thermography
- Formal certification desirable / experience training in ultrasonic thickness testing / defect detection (MPI & UT)
- Relevant trade qualification will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of an / or qualification in NDT techniques or processes will be highly regarded
- Experience with the software Machinery Health Manager (MHM) is preferred
- Solid understanding and experience working with a variety of plant processing equipment – crushers, conveyors, mills, slurry pumps, feeders, piping systems, etc.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend