Senior Procurement Specialist
Job no: 496945AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We are looking for a Senior Procurement Officer with leadership experience in the Purchasing / P2P & Supply Chain procurement functions, to join the Procurement team in our Perth office.
The Senior Procurement Officer will assist the Manager Procurement with the daily management of Operational Procurement based activities, including Purchasing and sourcing of all materials and services to support Operational and Project business groups. The position includes ensuring and maintaining a supply of service that delivers the safe, effective and efficient provision of goods and services to customers in accordance with all Company Policies & Procedures whilst adhering to all legal acts and regulations. The position also support the ongoing and continuous improvement of processes within the P2P function.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Procure to Pay Processes, Commercial Principles and Supply management.
- Knowledge of Maintenance/Operation and Warehouse functions & requirements with respect to the procurement of mining parts & consumables.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory position within a purchasing or strategic procurement function in a large scale mining operation or similar is essential.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus are a must for this role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the functional use of SAP Materials Management and understanding of supporting functions (SAP PM, SAP FICO etc.).
- Understanding of internal customer business functions and their influence on Purchasing and the Supply Chain. i.e. Plant Maintenance, Finance etc.
- The ability to foster innovation and continuous improvement in processes will be highly regarded.
What we offer
As an employee of CPM you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. We also offer:
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- A friendly team environment
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend