Senior Data Engineer
Job no: 496951MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Data Engineer to support our Information Systems Development team. This is a permanent Perth based role where you will work with the business to develop the new data warehouse and the data lake. You will be a highly logical thinker, with excellent analytical problem solving skills and understanding of root cause analysis. You are a natural communicator that is self-motivated, adaptable and able to work in a dynamic environment.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead the design of the data pipeline for the new data warehouse and the data lake for the organisation.
- Build new data pipelines for the Data Warehouse and maintaining existing SAP business Objects data Services pipelines
- Present ideas and influencing executive / senior stakeholders / conveying data engineering & technology concepts to other teams
- Providing support and training to end-users
- Upgrade, configure and debug existing systems
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Degree qualifications on IT/IS or equivalent
- Proven experience in SAP business Objects Data Services
- Strong SQL skills
- Firm understanding of data warehousing concepts and of agile methodologies
- Familiarity with architecture styles / APIs (REST/RPC desirable) and data modelling skills
- Familiarity with python and power BI is desirable
- Understanding of AWS cloud is desirable
- SAP BO certification is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- The flexibility to fly to site 2-3 days per month
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend