Job no: 496886MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining requires an experienced grader Operator to join us at Cape Preston. This position is on a 2/1, days only roster, FIFO from Perth on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Supervisor Road Maintenance, your role as grader Operator will involve:
- The Safe & efficient operations of civil plant, Machinery & Mining Equipment
- Work closely with other work groups on both Project & Maintenance work
- Support other areas of the mining operation including, Production Mining, Mobile Crushing & Screening.
- Safe operation of 24M, 16M Graders, Front End Loaders, Rollers, Watercarts (HR & HC) HR tip Trucks, Articulated Dump Trucks & HV Haul Trucks as required.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Execute work as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with this work to a high standard and in a timely manner.
To be successful in the role you must have a strong focus on safety, be independent and adaptable to a changing work environment. You will also have the following:
- A valid WA "HR” driver's licence
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role within mining required
- Grader Road construction experience on 24M and 16M Graders
- Current First Aid certificate is desirable
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend