About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation Technician to join the Sino Iron Project at Cape Preston. This is a FIFO role from Perth, 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster on a permanent fulltime basis.
CITIC Pacific Mining has some of the most diverse electrical plant and equipment in the world so we are looking for candidates with Crushing/Grinding and conveyor experience who have had exposure to conditioning monitoring. You will also have the ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and PID's. Ideally you will also have wet plant experience with VSD's, PLC's and communication protocols.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, this role will include:
- Maintaining all plant instrument and electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner. You will be skilled at fault finding and calibrations of area instrumentation and have a high level of HV knowledge and competency.
- Planned and unplanned fixed plant maintenance including servicing and repair of plant equipment
- Providing practical and technical assistance in problem solving and completing a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the normal trade role.
- Executing work as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with this work to a high standard and in a timely manner.
To be successful in the role you must have a strong focus on safety, be independent and adaptable to a changing work environment. You will also have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a mining / industrial maintenance role
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- A current WA Unrestricted Electrical Workers Licence is an essential requirement
- Cert IV in Electrical Instrumentation is an essential requirement
- Current Low Voltage Electrical Work Rescue Training preferable
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au