About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Mechanical Technician to support our Desalination team in Cape Preston on a permanent 2/1 roster FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Maintenance, this role will be responsible for performing maintenance and repair of the desalination plant equipment and systems in order to provide a safe, reliable and efficient source of water as well as performing maintenance, repair, improvements and technical fault finding for desalination water generation and ensuring the safe operation of desalination plant equipment and systems.
Based in the desalination plant, this role is crucial in ensuring the preventative and breakdown maintenance of the equipment is performed in accordance with State and Federal regulations and actively promote and engage in safe work practices.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Initiating and implementing process improvements as directed
- Ensuring the availability and reliability of designated items for the plant
- Assisting in the documentation of desalination plant services, processes and working procedures
- Actively utilising the SAP Maintenance Management system to ensure the progress of maintenance tasks are continuously recorded and accurate
- Undertaking inspection, fault finding and root cause analysis of failures and making recommendations to ensure that probability of repeat failures are minimised
- Other duties as required.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills/experience:
- An Australian Mechanical Trade Certificate and the preferred candidates will also have an Australian Boilermaking Trade Certificate
- Candidates are required to have the ability to read and understand prints such as P&ID, GA and ISO drawings
- Proven experience in the field of Mechanical maintenance and particularly working with rotary equipment is a must for this role
- Familiarity with the water treatment process and basic understanding of water plant equipment and electrical, control and repair knowledge will be highly regarded
- Experience in desalination plant safety management systems or other related fields.
- You will be a team player with a flexible attitude, willing to up skill yourself if necessary
- You will possess highly advanced communication skills (both oral and written) and be computer literate (SAP preferred).
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au