Job no: 496953SV
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We require a motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer to support our Power Plant team at our Cape Preston operation. This role is offered on a 2 year maximum term contract, a 9/5 roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you will be responsible for providing engineering advice, expertise and guidance for commissioning, operations and maintenance in accordance with Australian Standards, industrial practices and statutory requirements. As well as:
- Developing, maintaining and modifying the technical documents
- Asset and spare parts management
- Review equipment operation parameters
- Monitoring & develop inspection and maintenance activities
- Schedule equipment maintenance and overhaul
- Provide technical guide and support to the OMT team
- Take part in acceptance inspection and test
- Developing process optimisation and performance improvement plan
- Equipment trouble shooting and providing solution
The following skills/experience are required:
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent with experience (at least 5 years) in an engineering environment involved in Power System design, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- The candidate should be familiar with the operation and maintenance to the high voltage electrical equipment and system in power plant such as generator, motor, switchgear, transformer, transmission line (including over-head line and HV cable), protection relay etc.
- You should possess well developed technical skills, including a thorough understanding of Australian Standards/Practices and statutory requirements relating to the operation and maintenance of utilities asset.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend