Senior Mining Engineer - Long Term Planning
Job no: 496966AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime, Permanent Parttime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for highly motivated and experienced Senior Mining Engineer(s) to join the Long Term Planning team in our Perth office. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic Technical Services team to provide long term mine planning for one of the largest open pit mining operations in Australia.
We’re looking for motivated team players, either full-time or part-time, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude!
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Long Term Planning, you will:
- Produce Life of Mine (LOM) plans and reports: pit optimisation and staging, strategic business options analyses, and LOM schedules
- Work with key business areas to determine cross-functional operational constraints and evaluate cost drivers to develop and regularly refine the LOM plan
- Deliver robust and practical mine designs
- Integrate with the Medium and Short Term Planning teams to ensure executability and seamless alignment of LOM plans with shorter timeframes and the operating business
- Assist in the production of annual budgets
To be successful in this role, you will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operations.
Please include an accompanying cover letter with your application, including your role preference - Full-Time of Part-Time preferred
The following skills/experience will reinforce your suitability for this role.
- High analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication behaviours including leadership and customer focus
- Demonstrated experience in long term mine planning
- A deep understanding of the open pit evaluation methodologies plus mining and operational processes and their limits
- Solid competency in developing business cases for options in strategic, medium and short term time frames
- Strong proficiency in mine design and scheduling software, with expertise in Whittle, MineMax Scheduler, VULCAN, and/or OPMS. Exposure to XERAS and Fleet Management Systems will be highly regarded
- Exposure to formal business improvement processes and tools, and their application to mining scenarios
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Part-time / Job share option available
- Career progression and training
- Scope to guide and improve a highly visible world scale operation
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend