Job no: 496984AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We require an experienced and motivated Hydrogeologist to support our Mining team on site at Cape Preston. This role is offered as a permanent position on a 9/5 roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Practical observations and implementation of mine pit water control, particularly around mine pit sump response and development
- Pit water observations and documentation
- Liaison with mine pit dewatering and mine production on pit dewatering and sump development
- Groundwater and surface water data collection, compilation, interpretation and reporting
- Supervision of field works for groundwater investigation programs including but not limited to groundwater supply, mine dewatering, mine depressurisation and groundwater quality assessments
To be successful in the role you must have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Hydrogeology, Geology, Engineering or Environmental Applications
- A minimum of 2 years practical mine site hydrogeological experience
- Skills in ArcGIS, Surfer, VULCAN, Aquifer Testing software and SQL databases are desirable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- Sound knowledge of groundwater and surface water monitoring systems and equipment, data management and analysis packages/systems
- An understanding of groundwater investigation programs
You will be a team player with the ability to work autonomously, possess advanced communication skills (both oral & written) with excellent time management skills.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend