Operator Maintainer Technician - HV
Job no: 496989SV
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking an experienced Operator Maintainer Technician – HV to support our Power Plant team. This position is offered on a 24 month maximum term on a 2/1 roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the operation, maintenance, technical fault finding, HV switching and improvements to the HV Power network, including generation, transmission and distribution networks in order to ensure consistent and reliable power supply, as well as ensuring the safe operation of high voltage equipment and systems.
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications:
- Experience in HV equipment operations, maintenance and testing
- High voltage switching ticket
- Sound knowledge of in HV operational and isolation procedures
- Understanding of power system protection equipment and its operation
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend