Job no: 497012MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an Electrician to join our team at Cape Preston. This is a FIFO role on a 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster. FIFO from Perth on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, your role will include maintenance of all plant gantry cranes, hoists and associated electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Your daily duties will involve planned and unplanned fixed plant maintenance, including servicing and repairs of plant and crane equipment. You are adept at providing practical and technical assistance and completing a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the Electrician trade role.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- At least five years post trade experience in a similar field (mining or industrial maintenance)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Kone Gantry cranes and Hoists and associated equipment, this is essential.
- You will have had exposure to conditioning monitoring and extensive wet plant experience.
- You will also have the ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and PID's. Preferred candidates with have experience with VSD's, PLC's and communication protocols.
- Strong communication skills, computer skills and SAP experience
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- A current unrestricted Western Australian Electrical Licence
- Current Low Voltage Electrical Work Rescue Training
- Cert IV in Electrical Instrumentation would be highly regarded
- Candidates with working at heights, confined space, EWP, forklift licence would be highly regarded.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend