Graduate - Mine Geologist
Job no: 497072SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Gradate Mine Geologist to support our Mine Geology team. This is a permanent position on a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide Technical support are resources to the Senior Mine Geologist
- Improve Grade control system and processes to minimise ore loss and dilution
- Maintain and update the grade control database and GC Data
- Conduct reconciliation between models, plans and production based on EOM totals
- Create and Validate grade control plans and communicate with production in a timely manner
- Complete reports, forecast and budgets as required
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Up to 2 years’ experience in grade control activities, including blasthole logging and sampling
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science Degree majoring in Geology
- Experience with Vulcan, aQuire database and Microsoft office is preferable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend