About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining requires an experienced Advisor in Leadership Development to join our Corporate Training team at Cape Preston. This position is on a 9/5 roster, days only roster, FIFO from Perth on a permanent fulltime basis.
A fantastic opportunity as an Advisor - Leadership Development, to partner with key business units across CITIC Pacific Mining, to deliver leadership training programs and valuable business tools for our identified emerging leaders and supervisors. You will join the high performing Corporate Training team and will be collaboratively striving for growth and development.
As an exceedingly energetic and passionate individual, you will ultimately be at the forefront of delivering and facilitating the Leadership training model across all business units to develop the capability and confidence of our emerging leaders and supervisors. Bringing in a fresh perspective and delivering a new leadership model, this opportunity will provide you the opportunity to make the role your own.
The Advisor - Leadership Development is a site based role that will help drive company values and philosophy through training and content development activities that are strategically linked to the organization’s leadership and development model. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, some of which include Team Management, Situational Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Critical thinking and Coaching. The role is also responsible for all administration duties related to the Leadership programs including catering, flights, room bookings, etc. related to program delivery.
Reporting to the Superintendent Leadership and Compliance, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with key stakeholders to identify development needs of all emerging leaders and supervisors, and deliver programs across the organisation that build capability and succession at all levels.
- Management of multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
- Tracking program development life cycles; ensures that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
- Deliver programs using a variety of methods including, facilitated and practical workshops, online modules, videos, webinars, for leadership and in-house specific ways of working.
- Working in collaboration, to communicate and promote development initiatives to internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all methods of delivery are effective, develop capability, change or embed behaviour, and deliver a return on investment.
- Facilitate external vendor programs/bookings for candidates enrolled in SinoLEADERS programs.
- Complete administration duties including catering, flights, room bookings, program scheduling, etc, related to program delivery and other ad-hoc duties as required/requested by leadership team.
To be successful in the role you must have a strong focus on safety, be independent and adaptable to a changing work environment. You will also have the following:
- A valid WA "C" class driver's licence.
- Certificate IV TAE 40104 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years' demonstrated experience in similar role in delivering in house leadership programmes.
- A positive, passionate attitude that will inspire others to achieve key leadership skills, set team goals and work collaboratively.
- Ability to work a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth.
- Possess coaching, mentoring and guidance skills to effectively support the development of others and present high-quality, concise information.
- Hold an unparalleled hands-on approach and open to new innovative ways of thinking and communicating.
- High influencing and consulting skills with the ability to work cooperatively with the leadership team to determine development needs of all emerging leaders and supervisors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support delivery which may exceed the typical workday/roster.
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au