Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 497075MM
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join the Mine Technical Services team on site at Cape Preston. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team as a senior professional and get involved in one of the largest open pit mining operations in Australia. This is an 18 month maximum term role, on a 9/5 roster (day shift only), FIFO from Perth to our site.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Projects, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing the mine planning report and preparing mine design work. Producing life of mine plans and reports.
- Managing IPCC and mining method comparison with our mining consultant, validating the schedule and scenarios whilst seeking opportunities to increase project value.
- Preparation and optimisation of long term plans and strategies.
- Preparation of annual life of mine reports, including reserve estimation and reporting.
- Preparation of annual business plans and reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operation. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- Managing the budget and forecast plans with the mining consultant and implementing workable mining plans.
- Study different scenarios of plan outcomes and identify high planning risk to management.
- Delivering robust and practical mine designs, haulage network design validation of equipment performance.
- Review and report mine plans with Mining Operation Management quarterly.
- Integrate with the Medium and Short Term Planning teams to ensure feasibility and seamless alignment of LOM plans with shorter timeframes and the operating business.
- The ability to use data to assess and advise on operating strategies and tactics to achieve the most efficient and cost effective operating methods.
- Effective communicator and motivator of change, championing the implementation of improvement initiatives within the mine to a stage of sustainable performance.
- Solid knowledge of Vulcan or other applicable mining software and MineStar FMS.
- A team player with strong leadership skills.
- An understanding of Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Current WA "C" class drivers licence is a requirement.
- Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate (desirable).
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend