About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining has partnered with Programmed Training Services, and is recruiting applicants to undertake traineeships at Sino Iron.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to providing indigenous trainees with the opportunity to learn valuable skills and knowledge by providing a comprehensive practical and theoretical training base, with a view of obtaining a formal qualification.
Traineeship opportunities in the following pathways on offer are:
- Business administration
- Information Technology
- Mining (metalliferous mining, surface extraction or surveying)
- Conservation (conservation and land management)
These are site based positions FIFO from Perth or DIDO on a 2 weeks on/1 week off roster. Perth based roles may also be available for some traineeship opportunities.
The traineeship will be delivered over a one year or two year term, commencing September 2020.
Candidates are required to identify their preferred traineeship pathway in their applications.
To be eligible to be considered as a potential candidate, you will:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Completed secondary schooling to a year 10 or equivalent;
- Ability to adapt to working 12 hours shifts;
- Must hold a current WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence;
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good attendance record
- Have a willingness to learn and develop skills
We’re looking for motivated team members, with good work ethics and a can-do attitude.
In accordance with section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, Aboriginality is a genuine requirement for this position, with preference given to Mardudhunera People.
Applicants will be requested to provide supporting documentation if available.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- A comprehensive practical and theoretical training base
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.