About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We are looking for an experienced Mining Engineer to join the Technical Services team on site at Cape Preston. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 roster (day shift only) FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will provide Mining Engineering functions including but not limited to Weekly Planning, data collection, analysis and reporting, project design and execution as well as identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements. Liaise closely with operations personnel to communicate the Weekly plans to maximise mining production and ensure business targets are met for a mining fleet dominated by Cat 6090 shovels and Ultra-class Terex trucks.
You will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operations, with an excellent grasp of business drivers. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- A deep understanding of open pit mining processes such as Shovel/Truck mining, Drill & Blast operations, Dewatering and Geotechnical engineering.
- Proficiency in VULCAN or other mine planning modelling software
- MineStar experience will be highly regarded
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- An understanding of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Current “C” class manual drivers licence
- An Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in blend scheduling and mine planning improvements will also be highly regarded
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class operation
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. Simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.