Mining Engineer - Drill & Blast
Job no: 497118SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is looking for an experienced Mining Engineer to join the Technical Services team on site at Cape Preston. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 roster (day shift only) FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will provide Drill & Blast Engineering services and planning support to the mine operations, as well as drive improvements into the consistent delivery of Drill & Blast planning and execution areas for the mine and down – stream customers.
To be successful in this role:
You will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operations. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- An excellent grasp of the theory and practice of Drill & Blast Operations,
- A deep understanding of open pit mining processes such as Shovel/Truck mining, Drill & Blast operations, Dewatering and Geotechnical engineering.
- Proficiency in VULCAN or other mine planning and blast design / modelling software
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- An understanding of the Mines safety & inspection Act and Regulations.
- Current “C” class manual drivers licence
- Possess or be able to obtain a WA Dangerous Goods Security Card
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend