OSI PI Engineer
Job no: 497139MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven OSI PI Engineer to support our Mining reporting team. Reporting to our Superintendent – MPRS (Mining Production Reporting System), this is a full time permanent position based in Perth’s CBD.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing innovative analytical solutions to assist the business with preventative maintenance.
- Analysing the main failure/ root cause for breakdowns.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Mining Asset Framework structure.
- Providing technical support and training for fleet specialist and reliability engineers.
- Building visualisations and reports to monitor, analyse and draw conclusions to predict mobile fleet maintenance system.
- Develop system models, visualizations and dashboards, analytical equations and reports.
- Working with the business stakeholders to understand our current business challenges.
- Managing and prioritising projects of various sizes and complexity simultaneously.
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in IT/ IS / Computer Science or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with OSIsoft Products including but not limited PI AF, Historian, PI Vision, PI Processbook, Datalink, Notifications, Analysis Services, and Event Frames etc.
- High level of understanding of modelling and analytics, statistics and mathematical analysis, dashboard creation and HTML, Interrogation of SQL and other databases, ability to review and analyse data with a focus on process optimisation.
- Highly logical thinker with good analytical problem solving skills and understanding of root cause analysis.
- A great communicator that is self-motivated, adaptable and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend