About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC), on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining has partnered with Programmed Training Services, and is excited to offer the following apprenticeship opportunities in the port and marine area.
Apprenticeship opportunities being offered are:
- 1 x Mechanical Fitter
- 1 x Electrician
These are site based positions FIFO from Perth on a 2 weeks on/1 week off roster.
The Port Operations team are committed to developing their own highly skilled men or women tradespersons by providing a comprehensive practical and theoretical training base.
The apprenticeships will be a 4 year term, commencing July 2020.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Port Maintenance, apprentices will be exposed to servicing, repair and maintenance of stackers, reclaimers, barge loaders, conveyors, water pumps, sample stations and light mobile plant at the port. Exposure will also be provided on the marine equipment and fleet.
To be eligible to be considered as a potential candidate, you will:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Completed secondary schooling to a year 12 or equivalent;
- Preferably have completed a pre-apprenticeship course relative to the trade you are applying;
- Ability to adapt to working 12 hours shifts;
- The ability to fulfil requirements to obtain an MSIC (Marine Security Identification Card)
- Must hold a current WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence;
- Ability to travel on marine vessels out at sea;
- Must have the right to work in Australia
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good work ethics, a can-do attitude and who are looking for a sea change.
Family members of CPPC employees are encouraged to apply.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- A comprehensive practical and theoretical training base
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
As an employee of CPPC you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.