Job no: 497168SV
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Cost Controller to support our Processing team based at our Cape Preston site on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth, this role is offered on a 12 month maximum term basis.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- In depth preparation of the annual budget for Processing operations and maintenance
- Quarterly review of annual OPEX budget against actual expenditure, identify areas of deviation and justify them.
- Provide direction, mentoring and coaching to Cost Control Administrator
- Provide training and support to operation budget owners on cost control and budget
- Review invoices and Liaise with vendors and service providers as necessary
- Close interface with Accounts Payable to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Raise Purchase Requisitions and monitor Purchase Orders on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to value adding projects as required
To be successful in this role you will ideally have a Tertiary qualification in finance or accounting plus two years’ experience in a cost control related role in the mining or resources industry. Budgeting and forecasting experience is essential, as are strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel. Knowledge of and experience with SAP is preferred. Bilingual capabilities (Mandarin / English) will be highly regarded.
A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend