Senior Advisor - Training Compliance
Job no: 497260MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Advisor – Training Compliance to support our Learning and Development team. This position is on a permanent 9/5 Roster FIFO from Perth to our site at Cape Preston. This is a senior proactive position within our Learning and Development team. The key focus being the contribution to the growth of the department, providing leadership, consistency and continuous improvement.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Provision of advice to Business Area Trainers and Leaders to promote and encourage legislative and FRM compliance
- Lead the analysis and development of Business Area Learning Plans (for current & future performance, workforce planning etc.)
- Manage the approval of external training requests and provide advice on vendor selection process.
- Work with stakeholders within the L&D Department whilst leading and sustaining relationships with stakeholders, both externally and internally to consistently deliver a high quality service.
- Lead and undertake research into legislation, working conditions, policies and other significant learning development and training matters, preparing appropriate submissions and recommendations.
- Maintain and develop Training Compliance Policies, Guidelines and Procedures that ensure expectations are delivered in accordance with Legislation.
- Lead and undertake formal evaluation and feedback on vendors, learning programs and training.
- Lead and provide regular communications to the Business Area Trainers to ensure inclusion and unity in corporate communication and harmonise the relationships between central and federated members
- Prepare corporate Communications including documentation such as reports, presentations, memos and business cases
- Provision of coaching and phone support for our LMS, including data entry and report processing advice
- Prepare monthly reporting for compliance KPI’s for the L&D Manager
- Lead by example as a senior member of the L&D Department.
To be successful in the role the following skills/experience is required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role (must have experience in leading teams)
- Certificate IV TAE is a requirement (a Technical Trainer/ HR background would be beneficial)
- Proven ability to deliver compliance training advice in a fast paced and unique environment
- Proven experience in delivery and facilitation of training and L&D Programs
- VET sector interaction preferred
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience is required
- Previous FIFO experience and Mining background is preferred
- Strong business partnering skills, accountability and resilience is required
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend