About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking motivated Bus Driver & Waste Water Truck Operators based at our Cape Preston operation. This is a 12 month fixed term contract working a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth.
This is a busy role where no two days are the same. Working as part of a large team, the key functions of the role is to ensure passengers arrive at their destination in a timely manner as well as driving a variety of heavy vehicles to maintain the sites waste management requirements.
Reporting to the Leading Hand – Logistics, You will be responsible for:
- Scheduled bus runs (airport and local runs as well as runs to our port).
- Supporting the departmental requirements for waste management collection and removal.
- Fuel management of the corporate logistic vehicle fleet.
- Conducting logistic driver support tasks to all areas of the business.
- Facilitating reporting requirements
- Asset Management.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Motivated team player, with good communication skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to work unsupervised.
- HR driver's license (F Class Endorsement OR PTD Authorisation is essential) competent in the operation of a manual gearbox.
- Minimum of two years truck driving experience as you will be required to drive various heavy vehicles including; Coaches, Coasters as well as Front Lift, Skip and Vacuum Trucks.
- Ability to conduct equipment pre-start checks with the confidence to liaise with external waste management contractors on a daily basis.
- Applicants must have good physical fitness and be able to work a busy 12 hour shift.
- Strong attention to detail as well as time management and organisational skills
- Copies of current licences must be provided at the time of interview.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of safety is essential for this role.
Your FIFO roster will be set to enable you to travel to site the evening prior to your start time. This will ensure you comply with the legislative drivers’ hours rest requirements. Your return flight home will be the day after your last shift.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. If you would like to be considered for this position please submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply’ button now.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Indigenous applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au