Job no: 497304SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking driven Warehouse Officers for our Cape Preston Sino Iron Project. This position is a permanent 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth to our site.
The Warehouse officer is there to provide a warehousing service that ensures the safe, effective and efficient provision of goods and supply services to our stakeholders in accordance with company Policies & Procedures.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring the health & safety of all of your team mates
- Carry out timely and accurate receipting, binning & issuing of goods
- Act as escort to incoming freight as required
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Effectively & safely operate all materials handling equipment
- Coordinate the dispatch for all site requirements, including repair items
- Accurately carry out the counting of nominated stock items
- Track & trace items to establish delivery time frames
- All other tasks as directed by your supervisor
To be successful in the role you will have:
- HR Truck licence - essential
- Forklift ticket that meets the Worksafe High Risk Certification – LF essential (LO desirable).
- Practical experience in warehousing Experience in the use of materials management module on an ERP system, SAP preferred.
- Experience unloading trucks loaded with non-cubic freight.
- Time Management and organisation skills.
- Knowledge and commitment to promoting good safety, environment, quality and customer service.
- Developed PC skills including Microsoft office packages for daily duties.
- Cert 3 in Transport and Logistics – desirable.
- Dangerous goods warehousing and load restraint training – desirable.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend