Job no: 497318SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven and experienced Maintenance Technical Officer/Administrator to support our Port Operations maintenance team. This role is a permanent position on a 9/5 Roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Organising the day to day implementation and management of maintenance notifications
- Liaise and coordinate with marine maintenance Supervisors, on board & land based maintenance teams to ensure operating & shut down requirements are known, scheduled and implemented for the marine ancillary fleet
- Assisting in day to day general administration tasks as required
- Utilising CMMS (SAP & MPM) to create maintenance notifications, purchase requisitions, search for available inventory and create material reservations
- Prepare and communicate the weekly maintenance schedule for the ancillary fleet
- Engage with external vendors to plan routine maintenance for the marine ancillary fleet
To be successful in the role the following skills and experience is required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administration/planning role within mining, processing or a marine environment.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Proven experience using SAP
- Use of MPM would be desirable, but training will be offered
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Project (preferable)
- Previous FIFO experience will be highly regarded
- MSIC Card is preferable or the ability to obtain one
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend