Operational System Administrator
Job no: 497322SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an Operational Systems Administrators (FIFO 9/5), working with the Operational Technology team to maintain key operational mining systems on a permanent full-time basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of mining technologies and the critical applications supporting the mining operation. Largely you will be carrying out a variety of work to ensure the IT infrastructure and services delivered meet user demand.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitor and maintain key production system including such as Solar Winds, VMWare, Hirschmann switching, LTE and other various technologies.
- Monitor the status of the various technologies and report any issues to the relevant vendor’s support
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimise or remove a business impact
- Initiate, manage and communicate all planned work to the systems
- Manage all Incident Problem tickets with all internal and external service delivery teams to ensure system and equipment availability.
- Rapidly provide solutions to restore production system availability following outages
- Perform maintenance activities that reduce system failure rates and downtime of equipment
- Actively support the CPM Mining Control Team with all system issues.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- 5 years’ experience in Microsoft systems administration
- Relevant IT Australian Tertiary Qualification coupled with VMWare Certification
- 2-5 years’ experience with supporting Mine critical systems in an operational landscape
- MCSA / MCSE
- Experience in fault diagnosis, prioritising rapid response and resolution and customer & supplier engagement
- Experience with the following programs; SAP, Solar Winds, VMWare, Windows and Linux
- Australian Manual Drivers licence
You will be a team player with a flexible attitude, willing to up-skill yourself if necessary and have the ability to work autonomously. You will possess highly advanced communication skills, both oral and written.
A copy of all current qualifications / licenses must be provided at the time of interview.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend