About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is seeking the following contracts professional to join our Perth-based Contracts Team:
- 1 x Senior Contracts Specialist – This position is offered on a Max Term 12 month contract;
Reporting to the Lead Contracts Specialist, you will be involved in the development and ongoing management of key commercial and contracts activities within an assigned contract portfolio. You will contribute to and help develop comprehensive and robust "go to market" strategies and tender methodologies for each end user requirement.
You will also assist with the development, implementation and management of procurement and contracting strategies to ensure the timely and successful delivery of goods, services and works (projects) to meet the company's maintenance, production and capital project requirements and objectives.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximizes performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.
We seek applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who possess demonstrated skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience as a contracts specialist or senior contracts specialist (or equivalent in either case), preferably gained within the resources sector;
- Experience with the development, sourcing and management of:
- Periodic parts supply contracts
- marine labour hire, marine vessel maintenance and vessel charter contracts
- Experience in the development of sourcing strategies, tendering including conduct of tender clarifications/negotiations/evaluation, drafting of contractual clauses to suit final negotiated positions, drafting of general commercial documentation and, facilitation of general commercial/contractual requirements in post-award period;
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiations, including cost savings, dispute/claim resolution and managing contractor and internal stakeholder relationships;
- Demonstrated success in achieving best value and commercial outcome throughout a contract life cycle;
- A solid understanding of principles of contract law, and the ability to properly and adequately identify, allocate and manage risks and exposures;
- Committed to the achievement of individual, team and company objectives consistent with agreed values and behaviours in a customer-service focused environment;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Previous experience with ERP-based contract management systems and procure-to-pay processes.
A Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting, Commerce, Engineering or related disciplines is a desired requirement for the position, as is experience with SAP's Ariba Contract Management Solution. SAP experience is not required but may be useful from time to time.
You will have well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage with all levels of the business in a professional and courteous manner. You will have been performing an equivalent role for at least more than 1 year prior to applying for this position or alternatively, you have had at least 4+ years at Contracts Specialist level prior to applying for this position.
You will have a good grasp and awareness of critical commercial and legal risks, and be able to identify, eliminate and/or minimise and manage these risks to an acceptable level. You will have the ability to think on your feet, and give effective practical advice and propose practical solutions, in a highly dynamic environment.
Proficiency in Mandarin is not required although, the ability to communicate in Mandarin may be useful in limited engagements with particular internal and external stakeholder groups.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au