About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is looking for an experienced, passionate and talented Application Software Developer, capable of working with the latest development technology to deliver high quality and innovative solutions to support the mining operations.
Reporting to the Program Manager for Digital Technology and Innovation, the successful candidate will be part of the Devops team, responsible for designing, developing and delivery of continuous improvement activities for existing and new solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Engaging with stakeholders to development, test, deliver and support custom application solutions to meet business needs.
- Delivery of projects using established project methodologies to ensure solutions are delivered on time and to budget.
- Development of Web/Mobile solutions coded in .Net, VB and C#
- Exploring contemporary languages and technologies such as Low Code and Cloud based development platforms, such as AWS.
- Delivery of high-quality, innovative, well tested, and well documented solutions.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvements for existing solutions.
- Taking ownership of software issues and provide a resolution to address problems in the most efficient manner.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently, have a flexible work approach and have proven capabilities to liaise with different business units and stakeholders to deliver high quality working outcomes. This is a permanent full time position based in our Perth CBD office.
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications and skills:
- A Tertiary Qualification in Information Technology, certificates and/or training in relevant disciplines together with a minimum of 2 years in a similar Software Developer role.
- Proven experience as a full stack application developer in a fast-paced development environment.
- Demonstrate practical experience in at least two of the following languages, .Net C#, VB, SQL, Java, jQuery, HTML, React, Python, AWS, Outsystems.
- Good understanding of Design Thinking and Agile Principles.
- Outsystems low code experience is highly desirable.
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au