OSIsoft PI Systems Engineer
Job no: 497439JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven OSIsoft PI Systems Engineer to join our Perth based team. This is a permanent full time position and we are looking for an experienced engineer to implement best practices and improve on the existing platform.
This role will provide technology leadership, and support to meet the growing demand around OSIsoft PI operational real-time data, analytics and integrated solutions.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting Osisoft PI software and solutions
- Monitor and troubleshoot connectivity issues to data sources such as SCADA, DCS, RDBMS, PLC and IoT devices
- Mentor and provide remote support for users using PI client tools such as Processbook, Datalink and Vision
- Liaise with support vendors to investigate and troubleshoot any issues relating to the PI platform
- Manage and close out support tickets in a timely manner
- Review existing system architecture and execute improvements to the platform as required
To be successful in the role you will have:
- At least 2-4 years solid experience with OSIsoft systems covering:
- Installing and configuring PI Server components (Archive, AF, Analytics, Vision, Interfaces)
- OPC, RDBMS, DA/HDA Interface configuration and troubleshooting
- PI AF and Analytics experience will be highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage to quickly resolve issues and reduce resolution times
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend