Superintendent - Mine Geology
Job no: 497446YHPYHP
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia. An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the a large scale multi stage open cut mine, in-pit crushers and conveyors, a magnetite concentrator, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline. With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining requires a Superintendent – Mine Geology for our Cape Preston Operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic management and technical team as a senior professional and become involved in one of the largest open pit mining operations in Australia. This is a permanent role on a 9/5 roster, FIFO from Perth.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Mining, the Superintendent – Mine Geology is accountable for establishing and implementing best practice systems, procedures and providing technical support to the mining operations and leadership team to deliver sustainable operational improvements. This is a key senior supervisory position and will suit an experienced Geology superintendent with a strong open cut mine geology background.
Duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all mine geology activities are carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Proactive identification of areas for improvement in grade control and mine geological services.
- Monthly reconciliation and reporting of resources and reserves.
- Improve and maintain predictive grade control models as a key resource for mine planning and production
- Ensure that grade information is communicated to operations in a timely manner.
- Develop the Geo-metallurgical processes to improve mine to mill performance.
- Lead and mentor the team of geologists, field assistants and (at times) contract labour.
- Develop and establish procedures in order to respect standards and maximize economic profit of the operation.
- Accountability for supervision of resource infill drilling programs within the lease boundaries, including associated contract personnel and consultants.
- You will be a degree qualified Geologist with at least 10 years’ experience in a similar large scale, hard rock open pit mining operation. You will have a demonstrated expertise in mine geology, grade control management systems and geo-metallurgical knowledge to influence product quality and ore processing performance.
- You will have previous experience working at superintendent or senior supervisory role in a mining environment.
- Driven by a vision and passion for continuous improvement taking great pride in the outcomes achieved. You will have demonstrated relevant experience using data to assess and advise on operating strategies and tactics to add value to the business production process.
- You will be an effective communicator and motivator of change, championing the implementation of improvement initiatives within the mine to a stage of sustainable performance.
- You will possess a strong knowledge of Vulcan software, particularly resource modelling.
- You will be a team player with strong leadership skills, an uncompromised dedication to working safely and you will be excited by the challenge of developing your career as the company grows.
- A good understanding of Vulcan, GIS software would be an advantage.
- A full and valid WA manual (C class) drivers licence is essential
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend