Line Boring Specialist
Job no: 497451LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven and highly experienced Line Boring Specialist to support our Processing team. This position is FIFO from Perth, working on a continuous shift roster.
Reporting to the Superintendent - Workshops, in this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Repairs and overhauls of site equipment both in field and workshop based using a portable line boring machine
- Undertake welding repairs to facilitate line boring activities
- Checks and Inspections of plant equipment
- Be capable with SAP, raising and closing of work orders, entering time confirmations
- Ability to supervise Apprentices
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Mechanical or Fabrication Australian Trade Certificate
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
- HRWL with minimum dogging licence
- A current WA LR Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Featuring some of the biggest equipment
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend