About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Contract Officer to provide support to our Power Plant team in the Operation and Maintenance division. This is a permanent position, on a day’s only 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Manager – Planning and Operations, you will be responsible for the administration of contracts including (but not limited to):-
- planning and scoping of the department's requirements
- organize and finalize the scope of work
- establishing contract management plans
- raising and preparing of
- New Contract Request (NCR)
- Variation Order Request (VOR);
- Request for Supply (RFS);
- Increase to Contract Ceiling Value (ICV) ;
- PAR or E-PAR and purchase requisitions
- participating in the evaluation of tenders and organizing responses to tenders' enquiries
- arranging mobilisation/demobilisation of contractors
- day to day management of contractor activities and contracts’ executions.
- payment claim verification and eventual close-out of contracts
We are seeking applications from candidates with relevant experience (minimum 3 years) in administering contracts in an operational or project environment, preferably from the power/mining/resources sector. Ideally you will have bilingual (Mandarin & English) capability. Highly advanced contract administration skills are essential for success in this fast paced role. You will need to be flexible and adaptive in your approach to fluctuating workloads and priorities.
You will have extensive experience with the MS Office suite of products, whilst candidates possessing SAP and Ariba experience will be highly regarded.
Strong organisational skills with attention to detail, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a close knit, dynamic team environment are all pre-requisites for this role.
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com