Manager - Fin Reporting & Compliance
Job no: 497538LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this key managerial role is to lead and guide a small team of accounting and finance professionals to develop and manage finance and accounting in compliance with financial accounting policies and procedures, internal control systems for safe guiding company assets and preparing various management and statutory reporting.
The main responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and maintain strong financial process, system and internal controls;
- Supervisor daily accounting operations including financial and management accounting, forecasting, accounts receivable and fixed assets;
- Managing the accurate and correct accounting for revenue, costs and company assets and liabilities;
- Ensure timely month-end, half-year and year-end closing and submission of accurate management and financial reports;
- Manage communication with external auditors on financial reports and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting issues and disclosures.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with accounting standards, provide local GAAP interpretation and prepare accounting memorandums that document accounting issues in a clear and logical manner
- Manage and maintain key stakeholders relationships and expectations including Board of Directors, senior management, and key members of the parent company finance and accounting teams in Hong Kong and Beijing, and the various internal and external auditors.
To be successful in the role you will have:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified with CPA or CA, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, which includes at least 5 years’ managerial experience in managing a finance function, preferably in the mining and resource sector. Experience with external and internal audit will be an advantage.
Bilingual capabilities, both written and verbal (Mandarin / English) is an essential requirement for this role. Candidates must demonstrate a strong detailed knowledge of IFRS and Australian Accounting Standards, together with an understanding of iron ore trade finance.
- A copy of all current qualifications must be provided at the time of interview.
- Financial and Commercial background checks will be conducted for successful applicants
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class operation
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend