Trainer – Compliance & Standards
Job no: 497658MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Trainer - Compliance & Standard to support our Learning and Development team based at our Cape Preston operation. This position is an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth.
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver compliance and technical training programs within the L&D Department. It is a key position in the team and will be integral in contributing to the ongoing growth and direction of the Department and Organisation. The primary focus of the role includes legislative and company compliance training to support the operational requirements of all business areas
Delivering bespoke safety and operational training programs.
Performing on site Health & Safety training to CPM employees and Contractors in accordance with company and legislative standards
- Maintain and develop currency of technical training material – ensuring consistency with approved standards
- Deliver training against the relevant requirements of the Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF)
- Deliver and provide processes for the ongoing tracking and reporting of compliance
- Partner closely with all Business Areas to ensure all training and development is prioritised appropriately and has alignment with business goals and objectives
- Provide oversight, guidance and advice to the leadership team on compliance and standards
- Support external vendor relationships for Training Department while continually assessing and exploring new opportunities
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Qualification in Training & Workplace Assessment TAE 40116
- Professional experience working in either Resource sectors, RTO’s and Learning & Development roles
- Demonstrated experience in leading large-scale training initiatives in a technical and high risk training environment
- Experience working with employees and business area's required to maintain legislative compliance relating to Technical and HRWL competency
- Skills and knowledge in working with VET qualifications
- National Qualifications - Working @ Heights, Working in Confined Space and Gas Testing, LV Rescue with a minimum of five years industry related experience. Senior First Aid would also be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SuccessFactors LMS would be beneficial.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend