Job no: 497709AJ
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Heavy Mobile Equipment Refrigeration Mechanic to join our team at Cape Preston. This role is offered on a full-time basis working dayshift only on a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth.
The Purpose of the Role
The purpose of a Refrigeration Mechanic role is to perform the servicing and maintenance of HME air conditioning systems. Complete a range of maintenance tasks associated within the normal trade role including inspections, adjusting and repairing all auto electrical and air conditioning systems on HME. Working within a team environment with fitters, electricians, boilermakers and servicepersons to ensure maximum efficiency and optimisation of the HME downtime.
We are seeking applications from safety conscious individuals with automotive electrical fault finding experience, who can complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with mobile air conditioning systems and low voltage electrical systems on mobile equipment.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Auto Electrical or Refrigeration Mechanical trade certificate
- Air Conditioning diagnosis and repair experience
- ARTIC accredited licence for air conditioning (automotive)
- A current WA Manual Drivers Licence is essential
- Computing Skills (Technical and diagnostic software)
- Work Safe License EWP, LF and safe working at heights (desirable)
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend