About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We are looking for a data savvy Procurement Specialist with knowledge and experience in P2P, Contracts & Supply Chain functions within the mining industry, to join the Procurement team in our St Georges Terrace, Perth office. This is a full time permanent position with occasional travel to our mine site at Cape Preston.For the right candidate the role on offer will support the entire Commercial Services Department (COS) and Procurement function with the ongoing management and monitoring of Category Material pricing. This includes supporting the wider COS department in Supply Agreement Development, reporting, FPA development and managing Purchase Order automation. The positions also supporting our dedicated Procurement officers in their daily work with regards to contract pricing schedules and related adjustments.
An understanding of how reporting and data supports commercial business function.
The position includes ensuring and maintaining a supply of service that delivers safe, cost effective and efficient provision of goods and services to customers in accordance with all Company Policies & Procedures. The position will also support the ongoing and continuous improvement of processes within the P2P function.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Procure to Pay Processes, Commercial Principles and contract management
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position within a purchasing or strategic buying function in a large scale mining operation or similar is essential.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus are a must for this role.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite (focus on excel)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the functional use of SAP Materials Management and understanding of supporting functions (SAP PM, SAP FICO etc.) will go a long way to secure you the position.
- Skill in Business objects reporting and Power BI would be advantageous.
- Understanding of internal customer business functions of a large miner and their influence on Purchasing and the Supply Chain i.e. Plant Maintenance, Finance etc.
- The ability to foster innovation and continuous improvement in processes.
- Supply chain, procurement or commercial related Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded.
What we offer
As an employee of CPM you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. We also offer:
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- A friendly team environment
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com